Posted on 28 July 2017
having warm lemon water first thing in the morning is very beneficial. Starting your day off with this simple drink helps us in many ways.
- Great for digestion due to the citric acid it contains.
- Increases liver function and releases toxins to give you a mini cleanse.
- Strengthens your immune system due to the vitamin C and potassium content. It is also easier for the body to absorb these nutrients on an empty stomach.
- Hydrates the body, even without the lemon. A glass of warm water first thing in the morning is so important especially after fasting for 8-10 hours throughout the night.
- Improves skin due to the vitamin C content which helps fight off free radicals and produce collagen.
- Boosts energy
But most of us forget about the lemon peel. It contains almost double the amount of calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, vitamin A and C than that of the juice alone. These added nutrients make this simple morning elixir a powerhouse to your overall health!
My suggestion is to have a few organic lemons, washed and scrubbed properly and stored in the freezer. In a tall glass pour warm, never boiling, filtered water and add half an organic lemon juice. Then take an organic lemon from your freezer and grate 1/4 of the lemon into the concoction. And voila! Your simple morning elixir to a healthier you.